April 9, 2008

Family

Family is really important to me, and I really want my kids to see and learn that while they grow up. No matter how far away we might move, or how long we stay gone for we will always have our family, and they always welcome you home with open arms. I think that's why I still call Michigan "home" and it's because that's where the rest of my family is. I have my little family here, and couldn't love them more, but the rest of the extended family, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, all of them, are all back in Michigan except for a few strays here and there around the US. But I want to show my kids that family is really important and you should get to know all your relatives because you never know when the day may come that they might not be able to get to know them anymore. That makes me really sad to know that there are some relatives they will never get to meet. A lot of my family has only met my kids one or two times. My youngest is almost a year and a lot of them have never even seen him outside of a picture. That's why you should always make an effort to get to know all of your family, you never know when it will be too late and you realize how great of a person they were. I don't want my kids to miss the chance to get to see that for themselves.

No comments: