July 20, 2009

My son the Serial killer

This happened about 3 weeks ago. We were sitting at the doctor's office. I was sick. (not fun when you're a mom and expected to run the house). My poor husband was sitting in the waiting room with all 4 kids (what a trooper). He told me what happened after we got to the car. Apparantly Sean (my oldest) was playing with a toy that he brought that looked like an axe. A lady sitting in the waiting room asked him what he was playing with. This is what he said "It's an axe. I like to play Chopped. You start with 4 guys, and you chop them until there's only 1 guy." I guess she looked freaked. Wouldn't you be? Wouldn't you be calling me out as a horrible mother for raising a future serial killer? But instead of freaking out when my husband told me I started busting up laughing. There is a reasonable explanation for his statement. His all time favorite show right now is "CHOPPED" on food network. It's a competition between 4 chefs and each round one of them gets chopped and then it gets down to 1 winner. So he's not a future serial killer, maybe a future chef, but for now I'll just let him play with his toy axe and freak people out.

No comments: