July 16, 2008

Ol Wives Tales

So all this week I have had several friends tell me old wives tales to tell me whether I'm having a boy or a girl and the verdict is......It's either a boy or a girl. lol. It's so confusing. One I heard was that you don't get morning sickness with girls because they are more peaceful to carry.....well if that's true I'm having a girl! I had morning sickness horribly with all three of the boys.....for more than 50% of the time pregnant....it was rough. I also heard though the exact opposite of that. So who knows...maybe everyone is different with how they carry the babies and the symptoms that they experience. Another one I heard is that if it's a girl she is known to "steal your beauty" while you are pregnant.....but I had that symptom with all the boys too. I mean they are gorgeous boys, so maybe they stole my beauty as well. I just never felt real pretty while I was pregnant though. So all this talk and I'm still just as uncertain about the sex of the baby. I guess I'll just say it's either a boy or a girl. All I do know is that this pregnancy is completely different than all three of my last ones so deep down in my heart I really think it's a girl.....but that could be because I really want it to be a girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is with Isabell I was sick until I was more than half way done, I carried in the middle so that whole high/low stuff is just crap. The only thing that made me think she was a girl was just instict. I just felt like she was one from the beginning I didn't really have any doubts. So trust your instinct and hopefully it's right.