April 18, 2008

Conversations

Have you ever had a conversation with someone on the phone that lasted for hours, and when you get off the phone and you think about it, you can't for the life of you remember what you talked about for that long. Like you can't figure out how you talked for that many hours, and actually had something to say the whole time. Some of my best friends right now, I have never even met in person. Being a military wife we've moved a lot and I've come to rely on making friends online through sites like Cafemom or MSN boards, and I have 4 friends right now, that I talk to on an almost daily basis, and I've never met any of them. But they are all so like me I think we would be the best of friends if we all did live in the same states. I used to be kind of scared about meeting people online, I've heard the horror stories as I'm sure you all have, but as long as you're not talking to hundreds of people and meeting them in deserted places I'm sure things are fine. But my point was that when you have really good friends you can talk for hours about absolutely nothing and have a blast doing it. Sometimes the best conversations are about nothing at all.

No comments: